Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Tuesday's Things....


 The sun was hard to find but it did peak through for a very short time. Two hours later the clouds did partially clear.



The sparrows were busy eating this morning.  They are getting use to the big bird that comes to share their seeds.



Big bird looks like this.  I think it is a young one because doves normally come in pairs to the feeder.



I didn't get this rose bush trimmed back after it bloomed. It formed rose hips getting itself ready for winter. 



This dogwood bush has developed its berries later than the one bush beside it. I guess the green berries must ripen to a darker color before the birds eat them. They never turn red in color. 

Our cooler weather and damp dew mornings has brought back our grass.  It still has patches of dormant places but the front yards are all looking greener.  I could mow my front yard again, soon, as it is shaded by three trees.  The shade kept the grass from going so brown. 

A busy day today means getting the garbage out and working on projects.  I planted the last of my white iris yesterday and moved one from the wet clay garden to a better location.  I am moving slow today but plan to get some things done. 


The sun is finally shining. Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Nice! Most of the dogwoods here have already been stripped of their berries and they look like yours.
I've been seeing a lot of mourning doves too. I need to get seed, I ran out!