Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Surprise....Joy.


 There are so few.  When I look out my back window and see it flying around I grab my camera and go.


It prefers the zinnias even though I have seen it touch down at the phlox. I think I do kind of bother it as it wants to stay a distance from me and moves around when I am there.



This is partially opened but the camera angle didn't let me show it opened.  They seem to open up when eating at certain flowers and keep their wings closed at others.



This feeder is not their favorite but it seems some birds are now eating at it.  The female house finch is doing a stretch to get to the seed. 



While working outside this morning I have the sounds of a group of men putting on new shingles on a house three houses away.  I didn't hear them take off the old roof but I sure can hear them attaching the new one.  It was cool this morning with heavy dew on everything.  My neighbor, south,mowed his yard this morning but I am not that much in a hurry to do that.  I want the grass to be taller and greener.  

Thanks for stopping by today.


3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Lovely to see that the butterflies have chosen your spectacular garden .
The weather has cooled for which I'm grateful.
Jo

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Found a Monarch larvae on a milkweed the other day, but couldn't stop to pick him up. I hope he found his own way to hatch out. They are awesome to keep and watch turn to butterflies.

The Furry Gnome said...

Great photos of the Monarch!