Thursday, September 8, 2022

Thursday's Things....


 Coffee with breakfast means the one who gets the coffee chooses the mugs.  I chose two large mugs. One is my wife's that has her tiger painting printed on it. The other is my newest mug, Charlie Brown and his gang mug.  It is baseball season as you can see and Lucy, Charlie, and Snoopy all are wearing their gloves. 

 


 While finishing my coffee in my chair in the living room I was surprised by the visit of the cardinal.  I grabbed my camera and got some shots of the skragy, young male.  His feathers are smoothed out a lot more than the last time that I saw him.


As a bonus the downy showed up at the suet cake.  I have been seeing him at the yucca plants dried seed heads but could never get a photo of him.  Today he staid for three or four minutes.  The head is always moving so you can see it is a little blurred. 



Two yellow marigolds blend in with the zinnias.  It has taken months for the marigolds to bloom.  I mowed the rest of my yard this morning.  I did the front and watched my neighbor to the south install a new mailbox.  Someone hit his box during the night while driving too close to the curb.  It wiped out his box and tipped to the side the other box next to it.  I would hate to see what had happened as they must have come up on the curb to  hit it or it was a wide front end truck. 

I had a good conversation with the husband this morning of the woman in which I talked with yesterday morning.  He was mowing because his wife told him that he had to and he always obeyed, even though it didn't need to be mowed.  He is a retired farmer and works hard at everything.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Funny on the good husband who obeys... :)

Love the mix of marigolds and zinnias. Your yard is so pretty!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice Cardinal!!