Sunday, September 4, 2022

Sunday...


 

Another shot of looking down on the raised bed shows all the blooms of the morning. It took a long time for the marigold to be in blooms. 

 


 I share garden flowers with the neighbors at the land line so I guess I am allowed to take shots of their Knock Out rose. 



The pink rose on my side of the line has grown to be as large as their's.  You  can see the sit close together.  My pink one is in bloom more now than when this photo was taken.  I will have to go back and take more photos. 



I shared more tomatoes today with the neighbors and brought in some for bacon, tomato and lettuce sandwiches.  The soup bowl is an older one from a collection I have of the dishes from thirty years ago. I bought them at an auction in Coin, Iowa and another batch at an antique store in Osceola, Iowa. The pattern is Mildred.  There is a blog site that shows people who collect the pattern and share their stories about it.  We used the pattern for everyday for a long time as it matched the antique tables we used.  We finally got a new everyday set and it gets very little use now.  



The rambling morning glory seems to set up its own compositions among the tomatoes.  I could introduce another color in this area but I haven't succeeded in getting any other color to grow. 

It has been a quiet Sunday with very little traffic or dog walkers. The neighbors swimming pools have been quiet today too.  We are getting rest and have no plans of celebration for tomorrow. I guess our adventure to the bookstore was our weekend celebration. We have not been to the bookstore for two years and it was time. The store had been closed for a year because of covid.  

Thanks for checking in today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice that you use the Mildred bowl, I miss her in blogland...I bet you do too:(