Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Middle of the Week Already....


 Good morning to you from my house.  I am on the deck and it is cool today.  I will warm up though.



I have taken a photo of these before but I couldn't remember the name of them. Skipper is what they are called and there are different colored ones out there.



They do move quickly from one flower to the others.  These two were being friendly. I see they have no color preference as the work all the flowers. 



A neighbor at my old place threw away his grown son's decoys into my dumpster.  I have had it a few years but never noticed there was a circle hole at the tail.  You can tie them together and let them float around in a bunch..  The decoy joins a rock collection of my dad's and a wood bird on a stick. My wife's painting of the white and black cat is keeping an eye on things. 



I did a lot of different things this morning but the major project was to mow the back yard.  I had a long conversation with my neighbor lady and gave her some white iris starts for her daughters. I was glad to share. I talked with my other neighbor guy who was replacing his mailbox post this morning.  It had been hit by a truck or whatever and it was flattened to the ground.  My neighbor was busy putting down concrete mix around the post to make it strong.  I gave him tomatoes and also the lady on the other side  got some too. 

I messed with some clay and made a pot this morning and I think I am now done for the day.  The clay story I will tell about later on a good day.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Zinnias are very pretty! Hope you are staying cool! :)

Val Ewing said...

You sure have been busy!

Sounds like you have a nice neighborhood with decent people around you too.