Sunday, September 18, 2022

Sunday


 

Sunday morning sunrise looked promising but we are now overcast.  It is warmed up some and yet no sun in sight. It just feels like a day after a hard rain.



The flight patterns change that come out of the DSM airport periodically.  We are now hearing and seeing lots of passenger jets flying over us right now. We have lived here long enough to not notice the sounds and yet if you hear one early morning while lying awake I wonder where the plane originated.  Probably Chicago or Minneapolis.


The other day we also saw a plane with its circular radar device going over from out of Texas.  It flies in to our Fort Des Moines Army location which isn't probably eight miles away as the crow flies.



I planted some stray seeds from the years past in a window planter.  They are growing up the trellis but the first one to bloom is just sticking out the side of the pot. When seeing the color of the morning glory I am thinking these seeds were given to me by a former student years ago. Stephanie is now married and lives in Kansas City area with her husband and two daughters.  She would be surprised to see that I finally planted them.



It isn't a work of art but sometimes one just needs to remove it all and put it back in better.  I had a tiller in the back of the shed that I needed to get out of there. I am going to share it with my neighbor and it has been stored back in there for five years. It really wasn't that easy but I am glad. I inherited the tiller as the previous owners moved to Boston and live in a condo.



The roses are responding to the rains.  We got three-fourths of inch of rain through the night.  It was needed. It is raining again right now as I type the last of this blog.  I bet I will need to mow the yard again this week for sure.  Thanks for checking in today.

No comments: