Friday, September 2, 2022

Finds.....


 Old artist never die, they just make birdhouses.  My winter obsession was creating a dozen plus colorfully designed birdhouses. I have given some away and have the rest of them on display. Most of them will be brought inside after the first snow. 



My water feature looks good but the plastic flower pot has to be toxic.  As I had put goldfish in it and some of them died. I am hoping that the water will leach out whatever chemical is in it and next summer I can try growing fish in it again.

 


 I tolerate the volunteer morning glories.  The grow among the flowers and tomatoes.  I pull a lot of them in spring to cut down on the number of vines.   I clip them when they seem to be destructive to a tomato. The marigolds really blend in well with the leaves. 



I think they look good together with zinnias and marigolds. I am going to till the area this fall and it might slow some of them down. 



I eat these out side while I am working in the yard or garden.  We have plenty of red ones so I am not destroying our supply in the house. 



It was good to have this visitor to the feeder. The feeder is not a hit for the birds and they prefer the cloth sock feeder.

It was nice to go see a movie last night. Kathy Lee Gifford created an Orotorio.  It was filmed in different locations but some of them were in Israel. We saw sights of Jericho and Sea of Galilee. Other parts of Israel were in the background too.  The music was a part of the story telling of people in the Bible.  It was well done.  We had rain as we left the theater and it made it difficult to get home.  We made it fine but water does cover the white dashes of lanes making the curving streets of a moderndevelopment hard to follow.  We only got a tenth of an inch at our place but any rain is welcome.  I finish mowing the front of my yard this morning.  It again was a third dormant but grass under the trees was green and long. 



3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Love your birdhouses!

Val Ewing said...

I would love some morning glories growing freely! I may try some next year in front of my porch and give them something to climb onto!

Love your creations. That water feature does look really neat.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your bird houses are so bright and cheerful! It was a great winter project for you! You went out to a movie!! Good for you!