Thursday, September 15, 2022

Hardware Day.....


 The sunrise was not so dramatic but there was some good glowing for a short time.  Within a few minutes the sun rose above the tree and it was so bright you couldn't see the clouds anymore.


 

The sparrows were out early catching some quick seeds before it got too crowded. I am seeing a couple of house finches out there but they are sure scarce out there.

 


 Last evening we walked out to watch a monarch.  I snapped a quick shot and it was gone right away.

 

 

This morning two monarchs were at the zinnias.  They too were somewhat bashful and gave me very few chances to get any photos of them.  I watched them fly up against each other as they circled around the garden. They tended to chase each other a little and then they both went their ways.



 The harvest is slow and steady.  I brought in new ones along with some chives for baked potatoes at suppertime.  I haven't shared any lately as they have slowed down. 

I finished my mowing this morning and took a trip to the hardware store.  I am giving my potters wheel and new coat of paint.  It won't look like new but it will look better.


 

Thanks for checking in today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty Monarchs!! I have not seen any in the last week or so. I will never forget the year we had mustard growing across the road and hundreds of Monarchs visited:)

Val Ewing said...

I have been watching the large patch of zinnias as they are so busy with bumble bees and humming birds along with an occasional Monarch.
I just love watching them!