Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Middle of the Week.


 The clouds in the east were reflecting the sun setting in the west.  It was good color and lasted about 20 minutes before it all went gray.



More orange colors are found in these marigolds.  I thought I had saved some yellow marigolds but these seem to be the only seed that grew. 



The photo just wouldn't be balanced without the blurry flower in the right, foreground.  The zinnias are liking the cooler weather today and a few sprinkles did encourage them.



The dinner plate hibiscus is putting out some late blooms.  It normally blooms in the spring but coming out of a drought it probably thinks it is spring again. 

 I mowed the backyard today while wearing a parka to keep warm.  It did get up to 70° as a high today.  I had lots of chores to do this morning and the cool weather was helpful.  It was good to get our air conditioner fixed the day before as we did get very warm then but today it is barely running. 

Thanks for checking in today. 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I love the colors and my zinnias are doing well, but so many blooms are starting to fade. I spent a long time working on dead heading my marigolds that have gone nuts.

I love your hibiscus!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty Hibiscus! I mulched leaves in a hooded sweatshirt and gloves:)